Spring into 2019 with a daily mindfulness practice. Mindfulness has been shown to reduce stress, boost mood, and improve physical health & immunity. Recruit your technology for good with these innovative and supportive mindfulness apps.
- Calm. Rated the #1 app for meditation and sleep, Calm offers relaxing mindful meditations for kids and adults. Their programming includes instrumental music for focus or relaxation; sleep stories for kids and adults; video lessons on gentle stretching and mindful movement; and monthly mindfulness master classes on everything from addiction to mindful eating. Enjoy a 7-day free trial of Calm and then pay $60/year for unlimited access to hundreds of hours of guided meditation covering anxiety, stress, compassion, and more.
- Buddhify. My favorite app for mindfulness on-the-go, Buddhify offers meditations designed to fit into the modern busy lifestyle. Check out their tracks for drop-in mindfulness at work, walking outside, relaxing in the bathtub, working out at the gym, enjoying a meal, or spending time with your partner. Their diverse team of teachers makes the tracks fun to listen to, and you can even try your hand at transmitting meditations to friends or kids with their Karaoke Mode. Get unlimited access to hundreds of mindfulness tracks by downloading their app for only $4.99.
- Insight Timer. As the most popular free meditation app, Insight Timer boasts over 6 million members. The app offers nearly 15,000 meditations from thousands of teachers around the world. If you’re not sure about paying for a meditation app, Insight Timer is a great place to start.
- Chill. A mindfulness reminder app, Chill sends you a beautiful and inspirational daily mindfulness quote along with reminders to relax your jaw, take a deep breath, or __ throughout the day. The app is free, and you can pay a one-time fee of $3 to remove in-app advertising (which is worth it, because their content is serene!).
- Mastermind. Listen to our research-backed meditation content by checking out Mastermind Meditate’s digital mindfulness resources on YouTube, our website, and our Instagram TV channel.
Set aside a few minutes to check out these digital mindfulness options and explore how you can invest in yourself in 2019. A daily mindfulness practice is the best gift you can give yourself in the new year.
Next week we’ll explore neuroscience-inspired tips for cementing a daily mindfulness practice. Cheers to a peaceful and prosperous 2019!
“Mindfulness isn’t difficult, we just need to remember to do it.” – Sharon Salzberg
Dorsey Standish is the Chief Mindfulness Officer at Mastermind Meditate in Dallas. Her mindfulness practice has helped her succeed at a Fortune 500 tech company, overcome mental illness, and ultimately connect more deeply with those around her. Dorsey’s teachings combine neuroscience research with her experiences in Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program and multiple weekend, 7-day and 10-day silent meditation retreats. Join Dorsey for one of Mastermind’s upcoming applied mindfulness trainings at mastermindmeditate.com/programs.